By registering on the Script’Ed website (the “Site”) as a tutor with Script’Ed, you (“Tutor”) agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Site (the “Terms”) and the Terms as well as these Tutor terms shall govern your obligations and the payments made to you by Students through the Site.
Upon acceptance of the Tutor by Script’Ed, Script’Ed agrees to list the Tutor, on the Site, as a provider of tutored lessons to students (“Students”).
NATURE OF APPOINTMENT
The Tutor expressly acknowledges that it is an independent contractor, and is not an employee of Script’Ed. Nothing in these terms shall be deemed to constitute or imply any partnership, joint venture, employment or fiduciary relationship between the Tutor and Script’Ed.
NO GUARANTEE OF TUTORING PROJECTS
The listing of a Tutor on the Site does not guarantee that the Tutor will received any tutoring lessons and the Tutor agreed that it may not make any claim or demand upon Script’Ed for the provision of tutoring projects. In particular, the Tutor acknowledges that, among other factors, Student discretion dictates which Tutor is finally chosen to render their services to a Student.
CONDITIONS FOR GUARANTEEING RECEIPT OF PAYMENT FOR STUDENT LESSONS
Script’Ed is a marketplace for those seeking tutoring services to connect with those seeking to provide tutoring services. Script’Ed also provides a service to its users whereby payments will be distributed to tutors that originate from their students. Script’Ed offers tutors a layer of protection in the collection of their funds but, if any of the following conditions are not met and Script’Ed is unable to collect your payment from the Student to whom you gave a lesson, Script’Ed cannot guarantee that your payment will be successfully collected, processed and distributed to you:
- a) The information pertaining to the lesson is accurate. This includes the agreed start and end time, duration and subject. Unless otherwise agreed to by the Tutor and Student, the start and end time will be considered to be the times of the actual tutoring lesson, not arrival and departure times to and from the tutoring location.
- b) Prior to each lesson being given, the Student has on file with Script’Ed valid payment details.
- c) The lesson has been delivered electronically at a mutually agreed upon platform.
- d) The Tutor’s services are instructive and constitute learning, not cheating.
- e) The Tutor has conducted itself in accordance with good tutoring practice.
- f) The Tutor enters the lesson into the Script’Ed system or assesses a cancellation fee within seven (7) days of the lesson occurring. Payment for lessons entered outside of this window cannot be distributed until the lessons are approved by the student. Lessons cannot be submitted more than thirty-one (31) days after the date of the lesson.
- g) The Tutor does not collect or request payment directly from the Student by cash or otherwise, for the lesson.
RELEASE OF PAYMENT
In return for the Tutor’s acceptable performance in providing tutored lessons, in accordance with this agreement and the Terms, Script’Ed shall release a Student’s payment to the Tutor at the lesson rate advertised and agreed to at the outset of each tutoring project. Rates for tutored lessons to be provided by the Tutor may vary between tutoring projects and are all-inclusive; any costs required to be incurred in providing the tutored lesson are to be borne by the Tutor.
(a) The Tutor agrees that in exchange for Script’Ed’s services, Script’Ed shall charge the Tutor a service fee, which shall be inclusive of VAT, which commission will be deducted from any monies received and held by Script’Ed from Students in respect of tutored lessons conducted by the Tutor, prior to release of earned fees to the Tutor.
(b) The percentage of service fee charged per tutored lesson may vary from one project to the next, depending on the number of lessons purchased by a Student.
Script’Ed’s service fee structure is as follows:
|Hours with student per week||Script’Ed Fee per week|
|Up to 10||25%|
|Up to 20||20%|
|Up to 30||15%|
|Up to 40 and beyond||15%|
An admin fee of 5% has been levied. Tutors will be paid every month end.
CHARGES AND CANCELLATION.
You agree that Script’Ed may charge to Your credit card or other payment mechanism selected by You and approved by Script’Ed (“Your Account”) all amounts due and owing for the Services, including taxes and service fees, set up fees, subscription fees, or any other fee or charge associated with Your Account. Script’Ed may change prices at any time, including changing from a free service to a paid service and charging for Services that were previously offered free of charge; provided, however, that Script’Ed will provide you with prior notice and an opportunity to terminate Your Account if Script’Ed changes the price of a Service to which you are subscribed and will not charge you for a previously free Service unless you have been notified of the applicable fees and agreed to pay such fees. You agree that in the event Script’Ed is unable to collect the fees owed to Script’Ed for the Services through Your Account, Script’Ed may take any other steps it deems necessary to collect such fees from You and that You will be responsible for all costs and expenses incurred by Script’Ed in connection with such collection activity, including collection fees, court costs and attorneys’ fees. You further agree that Script’Ed may collect interest at the lesser of 1.5% per month or the highest amount permitted by law on any amounts not paid when due. You may cancel your subscription at any time. If you cancel, you will not be billed for any additional terms of service, and service will continue until the end of the current Subscription Term. If you cancel, you will not receive a refund for any service already paid for.
Script’Ed shall have complete discretion regarding whether a Tutor is accepted and listed on the Site. The minimum criteria that a Tutor needs to comply with are as follows:
- Uploading a valid identification & qualification document
- Uploading a valid police safety clearance
- An accurate biography
- Achieve 60+% for your chosen subject in matric to teach Gr1-7
- Achieve 65+% for your chosen subject in matric to teach Gr8-9
- Achieve 70+% for your chosen subject in matric to teach Gr10-12
- Show due compitance for tertiary or other subjects
- Have at least one hour of avaliability
- Have set a price for earning rate
- Have set a suitable profile picture
- Have a valid cell phone number
- The Tutor allows Script’Ed to perform the necessary due diligence on the Tutor which may include the verification of all documentation relating to the Tutor, including the police safety certificate.
Script’Ed shall make payment of fees for tutored lessons to the Tutor within 30 days of lesson completion, subject to the Tutor’s request for payment via the Site.
The Tutor acknowledges that as an independent contractor they are solely responsible for reporting and paying any tax due under any applicable legislation in respect of income derived through providing tutored lessons.
The Tutor shall be responsible for the preparation and presentation of all lessons with a student. The Tutor shall be responsible for all materials used in the presentation of a lesson and agrees to indemnify and hold Script’Ed harmless in respect of any claim that a third party might bring against Script’Ed that relates to or arises from a Tutor’s (i) conduct or lesson with a student; and (ii) use of any material, copies or learning material that infringes a third parties intellectual property rights.
The Tutor agrees that, after it is listed on the Site, the Tutor will not provide paid or unpaid tutoring services for any Student that has been referred to it by Script’Ed. In this way, the Tutor agrees to not circumvent Script’Ed. The Tutor hereby legally and irrevocably bind themselves and guarantees to Script’Ed that they shall not directly or indirectly contact or communicate with, or submit a request for a product or service to, any contact, entity, or institution introduced by Script’Ed to a Student without the prior case-by-case written approval of Script’Ed authorizing such contact or communication. In the event of circumvention, either directly or indirectly, the circumvented party shall be entitled to a legal monetary penalty equal to the maximum services fee it should have realized from such transactions, including all legal expenses in the recovery of funds. The parties undersigned agree to notify the other party prior to the request for any contract and upon reaching of an agreement of any kind.